Celebrating my birthdays is always a weird thing for me. I always associate it with bad times. I think stems from the fact that my Mom banned me from having birthday parties due to my brattiness at the age of 10.
My plans for my birthday are very relaxed: Takeout Chinese, Mad Men, and cuddling on the couch. I think taking time to myself is the best thing I can do for my birthday. Most of the time I am running at work, busting my butt at the gym, or sprinting around the city trying to get someplace I'm needed. I want to take the time to reflect on the past year and figure out how I can improve myself.
24 things for my 24th year
- Book an international trip and go.
- Read 8 books.
- Stick to a budget - cause I'm an adult.
- Visit a relative that I haven't seen in over a year.
- Work on my blog and get 1,000 page views a month. (See, I'm trying!)
- Meditate more - yoga counts.
- Write in my journal at least once a week.
- Spend less time watching TV and more time seeing the city.
- Worry less more about money.
- Care more about seeing friends.
- Complete one project in the apartment that improves the space.
- Move my body more. Spin class twice a week helps my sanity.
- Complain less, be thankful more.
- Get a new coffee pot.
- Measure my progress at work. I've been there for a year and have no way to measure my progress.
- Get my ASP (Associate Safety Professional) certification.
- Be conscious of how often I use the words sorry and just.
- Pay off my car loan.
- See 5 new breweries.
- Write more. I used to really like poetry and I'd like to focus on that more.
- Vote for the next president.
- Listen to more music instead of The Front Bottoms on repeat.
- Get a massage. (I've never had a professional one before)
- Turn 25!
READERS: Do you have a bucket list? Do we have anything in common? Let me know what you goals your have in the comments below!